10.09.2015

Dear Dad...

It's been a while since we've really talked. This year has all the twist and turns that every year has...

Wish you were here to help me through multiple failed relationships. You always seem to know what was really going on. You were supportive, non judgmental, and able to guide me through things without me feeling like you were telling me what to do.

You missed all the pain and joy that came from my spinal fusion. How awful I felt before it and during the recovery would have been easier being able to hear you say, "It's going to be okay, Sweetie." Being able to celebrate with me when I was able to go backpacking for the first time. Getting strong again and feeling alive. I would have liked to share that with you.

Going rock climbing for the first time and realizing that my heart was set on fire by something so amazing. I would love to be able to share all of my adventures with you. I know you would be proud of my inner strength and heart. You'd be able to see my learn and grow. Becoming more confident with each climb.

Working on some serious, deeply buried emotional crap, that you had a lot to do with you. Processing my youth and figuring out how to be the best me. Maybe my healing would have healed you too. 

My life and the direction that it is going in is new. Not only are things much more positive for me, but I can see an incredible amount of growth. It's like I have finally learned to live. 

I know you are watching over me somehow. I see this one type of butterfly everywhere I go. I think it is you letting me know everything is going to be okay! 

Love you, Dad!!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and touching, Jocelyn! Thank you for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete