12.31.2013

Saying Good-Bye to 2013

Dear Two Thousand Thirteen-

We have certainly been through a lot! Happiness, pain, and growth are just a few of things that you have offered me. Thank you! Without you, I would not be where I am on my journey. I have learned much about life but more importantly I have learned a lot about who I am, what I want, and how to accomplish anything I set my heart on.

I have not always felt this way about you. I just have to be honest. Many times, I just wanted you to end. Now, as I am at the end of this adventure, I reflect and you have been a great friend to me. Thank you for the jump start and eye opening experiences.

As your younger brother approaches by the hour, I want you to know, I will never forget you! I will continue my mission to live heaven on earth. I am so thankful that I can wake up everyday and love myself. I am thankful that my life is filled with some truly, truly amazing people. I am thankful for what I have and now realize, it is all I need.

One lesson stands out in my mind from this year... 

Life is simple! There is no need to make things complicated. I am doing this by knowing I am great just the way I am, by loving the people who mean something without expecting anything in return, opening my heart to myself and others by listening and just being, and waking up every morning with a smile on my face and being happy where I am.

I will leave you with good friend... It is a quote from Confucius. "No matter where you go, there you are."

~Peace to You

No comments:

Post a Comment